Contact us via Facebook
Find out more about MY NORTH STAR

North Star welcomes residents of Darlington Housing Association - Find out more

Reporting a gas leak

If you can smell gas or think you have a gas leak in your home, call Northern Gas Networks on 0800 111 999 immediately. They will visit your home within 2 hours.

Gas safety check

We must complete a gas safety check once a year for all homes with a gas meter or gas supply. This ensures that we are able to keep you and those that live with you safe from gas or carbon monoxide leaks.

If you do not allow us access to your home so we can complete a gas check we will consider this a breach of your tenancy agreement.

Gas safety check appointment

We will send you a letter to let you know when we are coming to complete your check. There must be someone aged 18 or over at your home for this appointment.

Rearranging your gas safety check

You cannot cancel your yearly gas safety check, but you can rearrange it. If you think a safety check is overdue or need to rearrange it, call us immediately on 03000 110011.

Your gas safety record

This will contain details of any:

  • faults we find during a check
  • actions we or you need to take

You will be given a paper copy of the gas safety record for your home by the operative once the safety check is complete. We will also retain an electronic copy of the safety check.

If you would like a copy of a gas safety record please contact us on  03000 110011.

Carbon monoxide detectors

We install carbon monoxide detectors in all rooms within a home that contain a fuel burning appliance such as a boiler, open fire or multi fuel stove.

We check to ensure that your carbon monoxide detector is working as part of every service of your boiler or fire.

If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds or you suspect a leak:

  • Stop using all appliances, switch them off, and open doors and windows to ventilate the property
  • Evacuate the property
  • Call Northern Gas Networks on 0800 111 999
  • Don’t go back into the property – wait for advice from the emergency services



Pay my Rent
Report a Repair
Apply for a Home