North Star welcomes residents of Darlington Housing Association - Find out more
North Star, in partnership with Adderstone Living and Darlington Borough Council we are delighted to announce the successful completion of seven, brand new bungalows for rent. Each property has two bedrooms and one is wheelchair accessible.
The new homes are really popular and demand for them has been high. We have received fantastic feedback from those who are moving into their new homes.
Angela Lockwood, CEO of North Star said:
“We are committed to building high quality homes for affordable rent across the area to help meet local demand. These homes are evidence of how great partnership working can make a difference to local people and communities . The approximate £1m development cost was assisted by grant funding from the Government Agency Homes England who provided around £276k grant making the scheme deliverable and affordable. North Star invested the remaining £770,000”
Quality of design is always at the forefront of our thinking. These new homes include :
• Spacious internal layout in every room.
• Modern and stylish kitchens and bathrooms including walk in showers.
• Good external space with a private turfed garden and parking.
• Exceptional thermal efficiency which will make the homes warm and keep heating bills down.
• One of the bungalows is wheelchair accessible both in and outside of the home.
We have ambitious plans to build at least 500 new homes by 2023 and will continue to invest in building great homes to meet local need”